The Jamaica Race Drivers Club was revived in 2003 to organize and promote motor racing, primarily at the Dover Raceway located just north of Brown’s Town, St. Ann. The Club has an active membership of approximately 80 competitors, led by an executive body comprised of 8 members.
The current executive members are:
Monique Gibbs - chairperson
Rosemarie Jadusingh - Secretary
Events are held primarily on holiday weekends: Easter Monday; Labour Day; Independence Day and Heroes Day. The Dover events are usually two day events with qualifying on the first day followed by a full calendar of races in a variety of classes, including a special street car class, motorcycles and full fledged race cars, and attract crowds of between 4,000 to 14,000 spectators.
The Club improved the physical infrastructure at the track, including but not limited to:
- The erection of a new pedestrian bridge at the spectator entrance.
- The renovation of the current pedestrian bridge on the front straight.
- The improvement of the track access road.
- The expansion of the parking area.
- The erection of vendor facilities
- The provision of covered spectator stands.
- The increase in the numbers of Bays
- The provision of Media monitors (tele communications)
- The creation of a new access road
- The increase of exhibit booths
The JRDC has continued the innovations debuted in 2006 with respect to Race Driving schools held at the Track to encourage and develop nascent competitors in a safe and organized manner.
The JRDC would also like to increase our partnerships with corporate Jamaica, as we see many mutually beneficial linkages which exploit the rapidly growing subculture of automobile racing, both locally and internationally.
Contact: Jamaica Race Driver's Club,
Ph. 924-JRDC (5732).